Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sotto Voce...

My dear friends, it has amazed me how quickly this blogspot seems to have become so popular and is now averaging just under 500 hits a day which is more than I could have even appreciated was possible.

The biggest jump was just earlier this week when the site recorded a hit of just over 6,000 hits and I have managed to pinpoint that it was a local (Irish) story which caused such interest.


I am truly humbled by you all taking the time to read this blog and to make contributions and comments of all kinds which help me in deciding how to develop this blog as time goes along.


In the last few days, I have fumbled with colours and fonts to name a few adjustments to make the experience all the more pleasant and also I am currently building up a pretty large links list which is to the right of this feature.

All this is happening over time so there will be more adjustments and additions and of course there will be the usual removals of highlighted seasons the current being Lent and Easter.


In the midst of all of this also there is a special feature being compiled in memoriam of the late Pope John Paul II whose 2nd Anniversary falls on April 2nd and I thank all those of you who have contributed their own memories and video links. They are posted on link list also and accessible to all.


I will do more in relation to this special occasion as the day approaches and indeed on the day itself when the blog will we open to comments from next Monday until the following Monday so that you can all place your thoughts, prayers and words of remembrance here to share with us all.

And again let me say here how thankful I am to you all and keep the comments, contributions et al coming and they will get fair reading and posting......